Welcome to Ark Brunel!
Ark Brunel Primary Academy is a vibrant school in diverse North Kensington and is part of the Ark Schools network – a leading education charity and one of the country’s top-performing academy operators, with a shared mission to transform lives through education.
We are committed to giving our children the very best start in life and encourage them to 'choose brilliance.' Our values of honesty, enthusiasm, ambition, resilience and thought are at the heart of our work and we integrate the explicit teaching of these values into our curriculum.
In May 2016, Ofsted inspected Ark Brunel and concluded that ‘This is an outstanding school.’ We are proud of their comments, which focus especially on the achievement of pupils and the progress that they make. Our high aspirations and standards mean that our pupils never give up and achieve all that they can.
The report also found that ‘The curriculum reflects that school’s vision, values and ethos very well.’ Our pupils achieve very well and develop the skills that enable them to succeed in later life.
As part of the Ark network, every student in Year 3 and above receives a free Chromebook and has access to a broad range of extra-curricular materials to allow learning to continue at home.
We also offer an exciting range of after-school clubs, including ballet, coding & robotics, gardening and football, to help our children develop their interests beyond academia.
A teacher affects a pupil's achievement more than any other factor. We invest in recruiting and training the very best teachers and support staff. As part of Ark Schools, they access sector-leading training and expertise from across the network.
We hope you find the information on this website useful and if you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Mr S. Scott
Our vision is to provide every pupil with the opportunity to go on to university or pursue the career of their choice.
Our HEART values underpin all our behaviour and interactions with one another, and create an environment where we can all excel. They bind us together and are central to making our goals a reality. They are explicitly taught as part of every child's journey through our school.
- Honesty – We are true to ourselves, we tell the truth and we show empathy towards others. We endeavour to do the right thing and take responsibility when we have not.
- Enthusiasm – We are excited about learning and are positive in our attitude to life and to school. We see opportunities not obstacles and enjoy the challenges we are set.
- Ambition – We do not settle for the ordinary. We ask challenging questions and are prepared to take risks. By making the right choices, we can be anything we want to be.
- Resilience – We are confident and believe in ourselves. We are able to learn from our experiences and use our mistakes to help us improve. We work hard and never give up.
- Thought – We think before we act and speak and are kind to others. We are curious about the world around us, make deliberate choices, and love to ask how, why and what if.
Our provision for ages 3-4